[Zope] using a dictionary returned from an external method

Matthew Wilbert mwilbert@alum.mit.edu
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:23:09 -0700

I have some DTML that needs to call an external method that returns a dictionary.  I don't have any problem referencing the resulting dictionary by doing something like

<dtml-var externalMethod()['key1']>
<dtml-var externalMethod()['key2']>
.
.
.

However, I need to do this for several keys, and I don't
want to call externalMethod several times.  Is there a
way to assign the method result to another variable, or
is it possible that DTML is smart enough not to do the
call multiple times?  Or is there some other approach
that I am not even thinking of?

Thanks,

Matt Wilbert
mwilbert@alum.mit.edu