[Zope] MailHost: bcc broken ?

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:50:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Gregory Haley wrote:

> i was one of the participants in the recent discussion of zope bulk
> mail.  i'm wondering about the mechanics of sending the work of the mail
> to the actual sendmail server outside of zope.  would i do that by
> creating an external method which is program/script that accepts the
> data from zope and then passes them to the mail server?  any suggestions
> or details would be most appreciated.

got me ;) I have not done this myself (yet), and I have firtshand
knowledge of majordomo list management only. but I could think of
something like this:

a) very simple
create a mailing list in your listmanager and have zope send the email to
the list's address. voila, the rest is taken care of by the listmanager.

b) a bit more involved
if your addressee list changes (you create it on the fly with zope
somehow) you could pass that list to the listmanager before sending email
to it. in majordomo, a mailing list is simply a textfile containing a line
for each subscriber's email address. make an external function to create
that file and proceed like in a).

HTH,
Stefan