[Zope] which python gets used ... ?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:37:17 +0100

Jonathan Cheyne wrote:

> Hi, just a quickie idiot question ..
>
> Does zope use any of the python on my RH6.2 box or does it use its own
> copy exclusively?

Can use either depending on whether you install the source or binary
distribution... actually dunno if there is a binary distribution for
*nix.

> I was trying to install the python xml libraries to try our the hyperdom
> product. I installed an rpm succesfully before remembering that zope has
> its own python. I struggled to install a tgz version though and it
> struck me that I was probably not being as efficient as I could be ...
>
> So the question is: can I run zope using the stock RH6.2 distributions'
> own copy of python?

If it's Python 1.5.2, then yes... there's probably instructiosn for this
on Zope.org near the bits about insatlling Zope from source on Linux.

cheers,

Chris