[Zope] Access to an external site from zope site

Max Møller Rasmussen maxm@normik.dk
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:04:34 +0200

There is no simple way of doing it.

You would have to write a product that accepts an URL as a parameter like:

http:www.yoursite.com/foreign?url=http.//www.othersite.com/somepage.htm

Then your product should take all href's in the new document and rename them
like the above.

Image src's only need to be renamed to absolute paths.

Forms need some special attention too.

Even thinking about cookies, parameter passing and all the other stuff that
can go on between the two sites is enough to make my head spin.

Getting a single page from another site is somewhat easier though, but you
still would need to make all the url's in the remote document absolute,
including "img src's" and "forms action" , so that would take some html
parsing.

Regards
	Max M