[Zope] Displaying non-start values as the first batch seen in a batch processing dtml-in processing dtml-in

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:08:25 -0700

Hello,

  I'm using dtml-in to display a long list of events taken from a SQL
table, as part of a calendar, using batch processing,
(basically the example from the DTML reference adapted to use direct
traversal to fetch the table contents)

I want my calendar to be basically a timeline, with the current date as
the default starting point. The idea is that someone can go back in time
as well as forward. (links for past events as well as future)

So, basically, I'm looking for a not-too-convoluted (i.e. decent
performance) way to have the 'default' screen on entry be the batch that
contains the item whose datetime value is the next one occurring after
the current time. Dtml-in doesn't seem to have a straightforward way to
do this, unless I'm overlooking something obvious.

 Does a solution to this occur to anyone?

Thank you.

Chris Beaumont
cbeaumon@msri.org