[Zope] Forbidding overrides?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:56:37 +0000

Cees de Groot wrote:

> Something I remember from my early Zope days that could be solved, but I
> can't seem to find an answer: say I have a simple site where people can
> do simple things within their folder. However, I want my banners/logo
> whatever on their pages, so I've setup index_html to put my own stuff
> in and include their body_text.

I'd to this using a SiteAccess Access Rule that always wraps their stuff
in whatever you want.
You'll probably need to use the traversal interface's RestrictedTraverse
method too...

> How can I prevent smartasses from creating index_html documents in their
> folder? More generally, is it possible to disallow certain folder methods
> or properties to be overriden from a point in the tree?

Look at the __replaceable__ properties stuff on dev.zope.org. I guess
you could roll your own folder with a list of attributes that could only
be defined as singletons (__replaceable__ = UNIQUE).

Just stabs in the dark...

Chris

PS: Banners as advertising don't work ;-)