[Zope] The Challenge: Zealots vs. Skeptics

Marty McKeever at Work marty.mckeever@goingv.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 09:58:14 -0400

At 11:22 AM 9/1/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>curiosity... what web development list is this?

As i mentioned before, i do not want to mingle the threads, or incite a
riot on either list.
All i will say is that it is a very high profile list for professional web
artists.  Mainly Silicon Alley types
If that describes you, you should know what list i mean.

Others have asked "what to you mean by enterprise?"
I'll rephrase that part of the question.  "What large US corporations are
creating mission-critical e-business applications (and of what type -- send
URLs if you can) with zope?"

As for traffic figures, someone in my office (you know who) claims that
zope can easily handle 1million hits per day running on crappy hardware.
Hardware aside, where are the Zope sites that generate this kind of
traffic?  Certainly not toyota-motosports.com....

Thanks for your participation.
Marty

##   Marty McKeever - marty.mckeever@goingv.com
##   Manager / Web Services Division