[Zope] SQL Methods

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sat, 02 Sep 2000 09:51:41 +0200

Hi Campaan,

RC Compaan wrote:

> I have a sql method and a dtml method calling the sql method.  They live in
> the same folder and the dtml method's proxy roles are set.  I've tried
> everything and Zope tells me I don't have permission to do view the sql
> result returned by the sql method.  This worked fine in Zope 2.1.6 so I
> guess it has something to do with the new security model.  I also have
> explicit ownership of all objects that I'm working with - still no luck.

There was a bug in sql-methods returning subobjects without giving them
the proper access rights. This was due to a change in the security
mechanism
on 2.2.x. The default policy is now: disallow everything as log as its
not
explicitely permittet.
I would suggest to look for the patch on sql-methods or simply upgrade
the latest 2.2.1 where this (and much more) has already been fixed.

Regards
Tino Wildenhain