[Zope] Non-blocking MailHost

Richard Taylor r.taylor@eris.dera.gov.uk
04 Sep 2000 16:11:15 +0100

I think what people have in mind (correct me if I am wrong) is
something that will accept messages (for posting to the mailhost at
some time in the future) and then immediately return. I guess it would spawn
another process/thread to do the posting asynchronously.

The problem, as I see it is how to handle an error with the
posting. The user who submitted the mail is now long gone so it must
be left to an administrator to pick up the pieces.

Perhaps the posting routine could accept a user (developer) provided
exception handler that gets called if a posting fails.

It maybe better to just hand this off to a completely separate program
rather than try to handle it within a zope thread.

Richard