[Zope] Migrating passwords from Apache to Zope?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 21:05:53 +0200 (CEST)

Marcin Kasperski writes:
 > Is it possible to smoothly migrate accounts and passwords from Apache to
 > Zope?
 >
 > More details: I keep Apache accounts in some file of the format
 >
 > username:encoded_password
 >
 > where username is plaintext username and encoded_password is the
 > password encoded in the normal Unix way (via crypt function)....
There is a GUF (Generic User Folder) HowTo that explains
how to use encryted passwords in the same way as you do.

After you have set up GUF (very good explanation in the HowTo),
all you need to do is place your "username,password" pairs
into the database.
A small Python script can be used for this. It probably would
use the DB Api to control the database.

Dieter