[Zope] If-Modified-Since problem again?!

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 20:08:25 +0200 (CEST)

Chris Withers writes:
 > Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > > By the way, Zope should cope with rounding problems
 > > for the "If-Modified-Since" headers.
 >
 > AFAIK, Brian Lloyd fixed this with a pretty generalised try...except in
 > Image.py
 > If stuff is still getting through, we should narrow it down further...
No traceback, because no exception.

I speak of a true rounding problem:

	the image is modified at "x" (expressed in seconds)
	Zope sends "x" converted to a date/time string as "Last-Modified"
	Zope receives the date/time string back as "If-Modified-Since".
	Zope converts it to a "long", say y.

	*BUT* y is not x, it is "x-1".

Of cause, this does not happen for all modification times. But there
are not too few of them.

Dieter