[Zope] Renderable Base Class ???

Kapil Thangavelu kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 03:06:02 -0700

Brian Withun wrote:

> I'd read some discussion dating back to last year about a the concept of a
> Renderable Base ZClass; something that would allow a ZClass to be called
> like <dtml-var "myClassInstance">
>
> Have there been any developments along this line, or any plans to
> incorporate the idea into Zope?  I find myself in need of this
> functionality.
>
> Also, I did notice a product on Zope.org which claims to be a renderable
> base class, but it's a tgz and doesn't seem to uncompress for me on WinNT
> using WinZip7.  Does anybody have a copy of this (working) that they might
> export and send?  (It's a very small TGZ product and hopefully a very small
> zexp)

its is pretty small, it just implements the __call__ python semantics.

winzip should be able to unzip a tgz file, generally i've noticed IE and
netscape? tend to rename tgz files to tar on downloading (at least on
win95), if you rename the file to have a tgz extension winzip should
handle it fine.

Kapil