[Zope] Not able to render a base class...

Brian Withun brianw@hilgraeve.com
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 16:00:24 -0400

===== :PREFACE: =====

I have placed the __init.py__ and Renderable.py into
.\lib\python\Products\Renderable and have restarted Zope (necessary?  ..I'm
too used to windows ;-)

I made a trivial little Folderish ZClass and am trying to get it to render
itself...

I've defined a 'view' tab that represents the ZClass, and it works as
expected, with 'View' being bound to an 'index_html' method of my folderish
ZClass.

I've added one of these ZClasses to a development folder.

The development folder also contains a dtml document named 'index_html' as
follows:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<h2><dtml-var title_or_id></h2>
This is the <dtml-var id> Document.
<dtml-var one>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

'test' is my product
'testclass' is my ZClass (in the product 'test')
'trial' is my development folder
'one' is the ZClass instance in the 'trial' folder
'Tropical' is an image id in the ZClass

===== :PROBLEM: =====

Why does 'trial/index_html' render this:

<h2>index_html</h2>
This is the index_html Document.
<testclass instance at 00DD45A8>

..and how do I turn '<testclass instance at 00DD45A8>' into a rendering of
the ZClass instance ?

Brian Withun