[Zope] WOWDamn !! ZopeNewbies wakeup

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 07:50:26 -0400

This is for any+all of you new to Zope.. and for those like me who have been
struggling with DMTL for too long.

I just found a perfect *gemstone* burried in 'Chapter6 - Advanced DTML' of
the online sample of the O'Reilly Zope Book at
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/AdvDTML/view

"""
The REQUEST namespace is very useful in Zope since it is the primary way
that clients (in this case, web browsers) communicate with Zope by providing
form data, cookies and other information about themselves.

A very simple and enlightening example is to simply print the REQUEST out in
an HTML page:

        <dtml-var standard_html_header>

        <dtml-var REQUEST>

        <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

""""

Try it...beautiful and yes very enlightening.

This should be on www.zope.org PageZero in my opinion
I never saw a single line of ZopeDTML which so well demonstrates what it is
capable of and why it _is_ cool when you know what to type.

Get this book in Print asap please!

thanks
- Jason

PS. Be warned: <8-()
 if you try put the code above in a DTML methods named 'showREQUEST' or
'show_REQUEST' it will not work = 'Id already in use'

Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS.(Interactive Art and Technology).Design Director