[Zope] ZClass base classes

Nick Trout nick@videosystem.co.uk
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 16:43:45 +0100

> (please don't post HTML mail to the list).
sorry

> I *think* the "Include standard Zope persistent object base classes"
> check box gives your ZClass the "ZObject" interface which is similar to
> the SimpleItem interface (see the Zope API docs in the help system - I
> think it's under Help->Zope Help->API Documentation->ObjectManagerItem).

I dont seem to have this in my Zope Help System. Where can I obtain this? I
have 2 items in the Contents tab frame: ZeopTutorial and ZopeHelp. The API
Documentation I have is very sparse.

> As far as inheritance order, the first base class you add to the ZClass
> base class list will be ZObject if you use check the "standard base
> classes" checkbox.  The next one will be the first base class you choose
> (the topmost), the next one will be the one under that, etc.

But what I need to know is what properties does the derivation give the new
object and how does the order affect its behaviour.

Ta,
Nick