[Zope] Re: ZClass Bug (was: Re: [Zope] How to access id and title of document calling standard_html_header)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 21:35:37 +0200 (CEST)

Tim Hicks writes:
 > ....  I presume that this will only work for all *new* instances of
 > this class however!  I don't suppose you know of a way of remaking all
 > 44 instances of this Zclass I have using this adjusted constructor? I
 > have tried (see below), but I think I come up against the same
 > '<string>' problem that I'm actually trying to counteract!
I do -- in principle :-)

When you rename an instance, the instance gets a correct id.

Now, all operations you can do through the web, can be
done programmatically. Either by an external program
based on "ZPublisher.Client" or by an internal script.

Look in the searchable archive to find a post from me that
explains how to determine the necessary function calls
from the management source (if you do not know it already).
An alternative is to look in the Zope object reference
(--> zdp.zope.org).

You may use "ZopeFind" to locate all your ZClass
objects in order to rename them.

Details are left for you.

Dieter