[Zope] keeping Java Servlets session ids based on url rewriti ng

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 16:08:35 -0400

> Um from looking at the code I think it may be Zserver not Zpublisher
> doing it. I think there is code which set up the CGI env vars at
> Zpublisher pick em up and works with them, so it is the code that sets
> those GCI vars that is dropping it. Isn't it tru that if you use
> APACHE, they are set by APACHE and is you use Zserver w/o frontending
> it with APACHE something in Zserver has to be setting them?

That sounds reasonable.  I'd imagine it would have something to do with
PATH_INFO, PATH_TRANSLATED, or SCRIPT_NAME.  Have you looked for calls
to the Python cgi module in ZServer?  I might start by looking for it
trying to assign these environment variables to see what it does.  Sorry
I can't give you any more specifics.