[Zope] GDChart on Linux

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:44:50 PDT

OKie, I now remember I did succeed in building GDChart on Linux. :)

Let me repost here a message exchange with Mike Steed a while back in the
Python mailing list, so in the future I won't get lost again. :)

Hung Jung

From: Mike Steed  <msteed@f...>
Date: Sat Aug 12, 2000 4:01am
Subject: Re: GDChart

Hung Jung Lu wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone have experience with GDChart (Python interface to GD)?
>
>http://www.fred.net/brv/chart/
>
>I tried to install it on Linux, the make process seems fine, but I get the
>following error in Python:

>Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>ImportError: ./gdchart.so: undefined symbol: gdImagePng
>
>Any help is appreciated.

I became aware of this problem several days ago, but being the slacker
that I am, I have not yet put an updated archive on the web.

Here's the fix.  In gd-1.8.1/Makefile, change line 18 from:

CFLAGS=-O

to:

CFLAGS=-O -DHAVE_JPEG

And change line 25 from:

LIBS=-lm -lgd -lpng -lz

to:

LIBS=-lm -lgd -lpng -lz -ljpeg

Then if you rebuild libgd and the Python interface, it should all work.
Sorry for the hassle.