[Zope] ZODB editing options via FTP/webdav, and 2 design questions

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:29:35 -0700

Hello all,

I'm curious about what the current state-of-the-art is for using
techniques other than (clumsy) browser editing to edit Zope objects in
the ODB, and FTP and webdav -capable products and which ones they like
the most.. How is webdav different than FTP?  How would one use it?

 I've used BBEdit extensively with Zope and it's great.. however, I cant
help but wonder if there is some other, more visual approach I dont know
about.. I can do my templates outside of Zope and then move them into
DTML, but I am curious what others do.. what the cool tools and most
effective methods of working with the ZODB are.. Is anyone using GoLive?
Is there anyway to edit "live" DTML and see it _in action_ without
needing a multitude of separate windows open?

The "DTML Templates" product looks intriguing.. What is the workflow
like? How do people use it?

Another "design" related question.. Does Zope provide a method to use a
resizable clear-gif spacer image?
I like to use them to fix the minimum size of table cells and enforce a
"grid". What's the best way of doing this in Zope?

Thank you.
Chris Beaumont
cbeaumon@msri.org