[Zope] Backslash as line continuation in C (Unix)

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:45:53 PDT

Hi,

This is a Unix C question. But since I am doing something that ultimately
results in a Zope product, I might as well ask the question here. :)

I am trying to build a third-party utility in Linux. I ran into troubles in
the compilation process because of the usage of backslash \ as line
continuation. (This is used in #def preprocessor macro statements.) When I
remove the backslashes and join the lines, it compiles fine. (I know
backslashes are fine in Windows Visual C++.)

Does anyone know any other better solution than go into the code and
explicitly remove the backslashes? Is there any gcc option that recognizes
backslashes are line-joining characters? Or is there another character used
in gcc for joining lines? Any other suggestions?

regards,

Hung Jung