[Zope] zope 2.2.1 and python 1.6

Bill Anderson bill@noreboots.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:37:32 -0600

Nils Kassube wrote:

> Guten Abend.
>
> I recalled (?) my mail within a few minutes after sending. It
> didn't yet appear on the mailing list. Too bad you can't
> cancel a mail like a Usenet posting.
>
> > They can only constrain *distribution* of that software and derived
> > works.  This is a serious problem for software authors, but not for
> > people running Zope-based sites.
>
> I think a lot of the people running Zope sites are developing
> software too. If you use e.g. ZSQL methods and DTML to connect
> to a database, you _are_ a software author. Website development
> in Zope is actually programming.

Using ZSQL and DTML in your website does not fall under the GPL/ZPL.

Now, if you then bundle that up and distribute it as a package, you may under some circumstances, need to be concerned
about licensing.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.