[Zope] How to give content maangers ability to update a Zope site ?

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:01:15 -0400

richard@dcs.co.uk wrote:

> Plan B was to use the export facility but they would then need to have
> telnet access to the Zope import directory in order to put the .zexp file
> there, which seems a huge security gap to me.

I set up ncftp to allow ftp uploads (but not erasures or the creation of
new directories) to the import directory as a special user (i.e. one ftp
user for all managers).

Then people can import those files into zope wherever they have
permisssion.

A cron job wipes out the imported files every night.

Hope that helps,

~mindlace