[Zope] Broken 'What's New' on Zope.org?

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:31:35 -0400

I looked at the source once and tried to figure it out. Mostly it looks like
they keep it all in a catalog (duh) and set a cookie as to your last visit.
When login and go to the 'What's New' page they check the cookie, compare it
against the items recently added and show you the list. I guess it would
only require the site catalog and the users logging in. They might also
write the 'last visit' into the ZODB.

It is also something I have wanted to do for awhile but have not really
built that many user based sites. Let me know what you come up with or if
you want further description. I am also going to try (someday) to build a
simple version into ZUBB (as you probably are going to into Squishdot).

Hope it helps...