[Zope] DTML call, form vars, submits

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:55:39 -0400

> Hello,
>     Any help with the following questions appreciated:
> 1. I am currently calling the SQL session product with the following code:
>     <dtml-call "SESSION.set('user_id',per_cpk)">
>     I would like to change this to include a variable, like so:
>      <dtml-call "SESSION.set('user_id',<dtml-var per_coldid>)">
>      but I cannot nest the the var tag inside a call tag.  Is there some
> other way to do this?
>      Do I have to use  form variables or constants in a call?

Nested DTML does not work... instead just use the varname, e.g.

<dtml-call "SESSION.set('user_id',per_coldid)">

> 2.  Is it possible to explicitly store a value in a form variable without
> submit?

Errr... not sure what this means.  A form variable doesn't exist until it is
submitted.

> 3.  What is the best/easiest way to force a submit?  I tried calling
> document.submit, but I don't think I am doing it right.

Not sure what you're trying to do here either... can you give an example?
Note that you can generally exchange formvars for querystring values, thus
you can tack on key/value pairs on the end of a URL and they will be
interpreted as if they came from a form when the URL is called via GET (e.g.
when it is clicked on).