[Zope] Import Problems

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:50:58 -0300

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 11:19:22AM -0600, Joshua Brauer wrote:

> Here's another try at getting this question addressed.... I
> have 2 Zope installs. On the newer one (2.2.1) when I try to
> import KM Net News (to install in the products list) I get the
> following error. Note I previously deleted KM Net News (the
> earlier version) but think that Zope might have gotten killed
> right in the middle of the delete and not completely deleted
> the product.
> Duplicate Class Ids: (see above)

This looks like the "floating ZClasses" problem I have with
2.2.1... when I installed it, BannerFolder was broken for some
reason, then I deleted it and when I tried to install the new
one I had the same exception you did (Duplicate Class Ids).

The weirdest part is that BannerFolder is now _working_
(without its Product). Please check your installation and see
if the old version of KM|Net still works (you won't be able to
create new objects, so you have to have old ones around to make
this test).

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar