[Zope] Should I use ZODB or not ?

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:57:49 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Jason Cunliffe wrote:

> I am curious how do you all think LocalFS would perform for such a big
> multimedia application.?
> http://www.zope.org/Members/jfarr/Products/LocalFS
>
> Use Zope for managing meta-data, or mayeb even better Zope + a fast DB tool
> for the metadata part.
> Let Zope do its holy best for the 'virtual-object interfacing' jobs, let the
> others do their thing..

This may very well be the best solution, as far as I understand what
LocalFS is (I've not used it for now, however), because this may allow us
to set per-domain (Medicine, Maths, etc...) permissions under Zope, and do
all the presentation in Zope, while not being attached to Zope if we want
to easily dump our datas somewhere else.

Thanks to all.

Now all I have to do is just kill these PHP guys there ;-))

bye,

Jerome Alet