[Zope] More Import Problems

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 00:24:22 +0200 (CEST)

Joshua Brauer writes:
 > As a horrid workaround for the earlier problem with Z-classes I exported all of my data, restarted Zope and am re-importing, or would like to re-import data, but some of it won't import back into the same install that it came from. I re-imported the products and then want to re-import the parts of the site.... I get the following error:
 >
 > Error type: ImportError
 > Error value: cannot import name query
Your error message suggests that there is a problem
in line 217 of "SearchIndex.TextIndex":

	from Lexicon import Lexicon, query, stop_word_dict

Apparently, "Lexicon" is imported from the module "Lexicon"
successfully, but "query" cannot be imported.
This is not astonishing as "SearchIndex.Lexicon" does not (no longer?)
contain a "query".

Obviously, there is an inconsistency between "SearchIndex.Lexicon"
and "SearchIndex.TextIndex". Put it into the Collector.

In the meantime, you may give "Lexicon" a function
"query". It should take two arguments and return
a dictionary of tuples (int,float) (you should return
the empty dict).
This, probably, will let you import your site, but
"TextIndex" may not work as you would like.

Dieter