[Zope] What options exist for dealing with tracebacks?

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:28:34 -0500 (CDT)

Having only recently upgraded from Zope 2.0 to 2.2.1 I see that the default
behavior for traceback reporting is still to embed them in an HTML comment
(or display them when debugging).  Are there other options for dealing with
tracebacks?  I'm just using ZServer to publish my own modules.  I'm not
using all of Zope.

My users don't know Python from HTML from a hole-in-the-wall.  Asking them
to root around in HTML source or cut-n-paste tracebacks is a no-win
situation.  Besides, to ask them to do that I suspect I'd have to fiddle the
Zope source code directly.

I would love it if I could set some debug environment variable, run with
-D="skip@mojam.com" or subclass some Error class and have tracebacks mailed
to me.  I wouldn't even care about the flood of email.  At least I'd have
all the inputs.

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro (skip@mojam.com)