[Zope] Set access rule

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 20:02:51 +0200

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 02:44:41PM -0300, Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> >
> > Looking over your mail again, it seems that there is already an AccessRule
> > registered, but it is of the wrong type. You can't remove it with the Add
> > interface, because that triggers the error.
>
> how could it happens? I did a fresh install of zope 2.2.1! I purged the
> entire directory tree (/usr/lib/zope) before installing!

I assumed you were using your old Data.fs file here. The AccessRule
instance that is in the way comes from your ODB, not from the class
definitions provided by your clean Zope code.

I worked out your instructions with a clean 2.2.1 install I still had
around, and it works fine with SiteAccess. If you can reproduce this
problem with a clean 2.2.1 install with the clean ODB (the one with te
QuickStart folder and the "Welcome to Zope" page), then you should report
a bug.

--
Martijn Pieters