[Zope] Why do session vars suddenly disappear?

Roland Reumerman zope_ddi@hotmail.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:51:19 CEST

Maybe it's because I don't understand the Zope mechanisms completely yet,
but I sometimes have a hard time preserving some variable state between one
and the other web page.

This happens most often when I call one dtml-method from another one. If the
called dtml-method in its turn also calls some other dtml-method which needs
some dtml-var from the first template, almost inevitably a Zope error screen
appears with some 'unknown variable' or whatever message.

I cannot reproduce this fully yet, maybe in my next mail. The same misery
happens when opening a document with frames. The separate frames seem to
hold no knowledge of any previously set vars.

Last but not least with Netscape 6 PR2 there seems to be no session state
possible whatsoever, no matter what I tried. Even a simple form is not able
to pass on its parameters to the receiving dtml-method.

Help!