[Zope] Python/Zope Software Engineer Position

Ralph Heinkel Ralph.Heinkel@web.de
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:02:01 +0200

Python/Zope Software Engineer Position available immediately

We are a new, fast growing biotechnology company using world leading
functional genomics technologies to develop new, more advanced therapeutics for
a wide range of diseases including cancer and muscular dystrophy.  We are
currently located on the main campus of the European Molecular Biology
Laboratory (Heidelberg, Germany) until late January 2001, when we, along with
the new Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, will move
to Dresden as founding members of Germany's newest biotechnology centre,
Biopolis-Dresden.  We are now seeking dynamic, highly motivated persons with a
strong pioneering spirit to form our own founding team of employees.

Currently we are in the process of developing a Zope-based laboratory
management system on a mixed Linux (server) and MAC (clients) platform. A
Sybase relational database system serves as the main storage location for the
lab system, running on a multiprocessor Linux-RAID server. The software
engineer will be involved in the entire task of designing, planning, and
implementing database tables, html user interfaces including the logic behind
it, as well as the data aquisition through our lab specific hardware. He/she
must be an experienced Python / HTML developer with strong background in
programming the Zope web application server. Familiarity with SQL and database
management as well as Linux/Unix OS is required, perferrably also with MAC OS.

All Cenix team members will benefit from competitive salaries including
year-end bonuses and access to our Employee Share Ownership program.

Interested?  If so, please email (with "Zope-Python" in subject field), send
or fax a complete c.v.

Ralph Heinkel
Cenix BioScience GmbH
Meyerhofstrasse 1