[Zope] insane Central Daylight Time, Zope 2.2.2

Dennis Nichols nichols@tradingconnections.com
Sun, 01 Apr 2001 23:42:58 +0700

At 4/1/2001 06:53 PM, Dennis Nichols wrote:
>Most of the central US just went to daylight savings time last night and
>my Zope 2.2.2 installation seems to have decided to use UTC+2 instead of
>CDT (which is UTC-5).

Replying to myself... I first tried installing the DateTime.py from 2.3.1
into my 2.2.2 installation, but that did not help (I had already verified
that DateTimeZone.py had not changed between the two versions). Then I
tried reading DateTimeZone.py but that made my head hurt. So I read
DateTime.py instead. There I found that CDT, which is what my Linux says
when you ask it for the time, is defined as GMT+2. I don't know what
eastern European time zone that is supposed to be, but I reclaimed it for
my own by changing the source to GMT-5 (reluctantly, since I have no clue
about the part that DateTimeZone.py plays in this).

So that's where it's going to stay until I get motivated to do it right or
somebody explains it/beats me to it.