[Zope] zSQl and changing connection ids?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:43:29 +0200 (CEST)

David Hassalevris writes:

A Z SQL method consists of

  the connection id,
  the parameters
  and the SQL template

You want to share the parameters and the template but vary
the connection id.

I think it is not a good idea to dynamically change the
connection id to handle this case. You object would
be changed continously and create lots of artificial
versions - a bad thing.

I would create several SQL methods that share a common
SQL template. I fear, you would need to replicate
the parameter parts.

Thus, you would have:

Z SQL method<n>:

  Connection:	different ones according to object
  Parameters:   explicit copies of the parameter list
  Template:	<dtml-var common-template>

It may be (I fear it will be) that you can not use
"dtml-sql*" tags in "common-template".
In this case, you have 2 options:

 * emulate the "dtml-sql*" tags by normal tags

 * make a small product that makes the "dtml-sql*" tags
   generally available

Dieter