[Zope] Questions on roles and permissions

Fernstrom, Christer Christer.Fernstrom@xrce.xerox.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:22:53 +0200

Some questions on roles and permissions:

1) I want the same *authenticated user* to have different permissions at different parts of my server. Are local roles the best way to handle this?

2) How can I get hold of the local user roles?
<dtml-var expr="AUTHENTICATED_USER.getRoles()"> only returns the global role
associated with the authenticated user.

3) Is there a way to retreive the permissions that the authenticated user has on a given object?

4) I have observed that when a user has been authenticated at a deeper level in the folder hierarchy, then <dtml-var expr="AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()"> on a higher level yields 'Anonymous User'. Bug or normal behaviour?

I'm building my first real Zope application, so please bear with me...

      christer