[Zope] Problem with SSL + IE?

Zachery Bir zbir@urbanape.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 11:08:21 -0400

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 08:44:48AM -0400, Zachery Bir wrote:
> Anyone having problems with SSL and IE under Zope? IE 5 for the Mac and
> IE < 5.5 for Windows won't show SSL pages. I've tracked the problem to
> a particular algorithm for encrypting the session that when using Non-MS
> product + MS product results in errors.
>
> It's a DLL problem. But IE works with some SSL sites, so I'm wondering
> what I'm doing wrong. I'm using Apache + mod_ssl + ProxyPass for doing
> Zope front end.

Apparently, putting in an SSLCipherSuite line in the httpd.conf fixes the
problem. Here's what I added to mine, if anyone else ever suffers from
this:

SSLProtocol all -SSLv3
SSLCipherSuite !EXP1024-RC4-SHA:!EXP1024-DES-CBC-SHA:ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

That's one big long line, but it works.

Zac
--
$name="zachery bir";                       $email="zbir@urbanape.com";
$position="systems administrator";        $altposition="witch doctor";