[Zope] ANN: Core Session Tracking 0.8 released

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 11:11:23 -0400

> zodbroot.ZopeFind(self,obj_metatypes=['Session Id Manager'])
>
> ...returns nothing, even though I know there are quite a few id managers
> lurking.

Works for me... just tried it from the command line like this:

cd lib/python; python
>>> import Zope
>>> app = Zope.app()
>>> app.ZopeFind(app, obj_metatypes=['Session Id Manager'])
[('session_id_mgr', <SessionIdManager instance at 869e1d8>)]

> Any idea what gives?
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> PS: Chris: your mail server / local machine is about 30 mins out, I;m
sending
> you replies before I should have got your message... confusing :-S

Just changed the time.

> PPS: Thanks for the OOBTree thing, got me scared there for a minute ;-)
Are
> IOBTree's more efficient? If so, I wish I could use integers for catalog
UID's
> like I used to :-S Any way I can just give catalog an object and say
'gimme a
> RID back for this' that I can then use?

IOBTrees are significantly more efficient (or so Jim tells me).  I don't
think there's any facility in the catalog to provide UIDs based on RID,
although I imagine you could look at the catalogObject method of Catalog.py
to see how the catalog assigns RIDs and use the same algorithm.