[Zope] Xron on Zope v.2.3.1

Spicklemire, Jerry Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 18:31:53 -0500

Jerry S. said:

>> I'm seeing some odd symptoms running Xron jobs on the stable release.
>> The schedule time seems to be updating itself, but the processes
>> don't seem to be running.

to which Loren responded:

> Anything of interest in STUPID_LOG_FILE?

Actually, I intentionally created these processes to be
"outputless", since the Xron doc says:

 "Any output produced by a XronDTMLMethod is written to the log.
  A XronDTMLMethod does not have to produce output, but if it does
  produce output, it may need to set the response headers."

Since I don't have very complete access to the host, and can't
even read the start and stop scripts, let alone configure them,
this seemed like the best approach. Now the disadvantages are
starting to show up.

After seeing your post about installing "Refresh", and re-naming
Xron's __init__, restarting Zope, and "Refresh-ing", it seemed
to be worth a try. When "Refresh" unzipped it created a subfolder
under the Zope "root". Then it didn't do what I expected because
no "Refresh" tabs showed up. That's another topic, though.

To test the "fact" that the times keep updating, I tried setting
a very short interval. Now it's clear they are not updating so
it looks like Xron is "locked" after all. I'll let you know if
anything changes.

Thanks for your reply,
Jerry S.