[Zope] Apache SubFolder to Zope root folder using VirtualMonster

Lars Holmstrom lars@endsound.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 20:43:30 -0700

>> The Virtual Host Monster documentation has an example
>> for what I am trying to do that looks like this:
>>
>> ProxyPass /zope

http://www.foo.com:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.foo.com:80/VirtualHostRoot/
_vh_zope

>This should work with the most recent VHM.  What version of
>Zope/SiteAccess are you using?

>Cheers,

>Evan @ digicool & 4-am

Any clues where to go from here?  I'm using Zope 2.3 and SiteAccess 2.0.0
(the version that came packaged with Zope 2.3).  Is it possible that there
are any updates?

The exact virtual host section of my httpd.conf is here:

<VirtualHost 192.168.10.3>
ServerName www.endsound.com
ServerAlias endsound.com *.endsound.com
DocumentRoot /web/endsound/html
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule /mail$ /cgi-bin/sqwebmail [R]
ProxyRequests On
ProxyPass /misc_ http://www.endsound.com:9000/misc_
ProxyPass /p_ http://www.endsound.com:9000/p_
ProxyPass /zope
http://www.endsound.com:9000/VirtualHostBase/http/www.endsound.com:80/Virtua
lHostRoot/_vh_zope
ProxyPass /z
http://www.endsound.com:9000/VirtualHostBase/http/www.endsound.com:80/Virtua
lHostRoot/
</VirtualHost>

When I access the URL www.endsound.com/zope with the _vh_zope at the end of
the VHM ProxyPass line, I get a Zope resource not found error.  Looking at
the source of the error page, it states that the resource not found is
_vh_zope.  This is a new installation of Zope with only a couple added
products (ZWiki, LocalFS).  No SiteRoots are currently defined.  If I access
the URL www.endsound.com/z, I correctly land in the root Zope directory, but
none of the generated links work since they are missing the /z/.  It seems
like the biggest clue is that zope is looking for a resource called _vh_zope
rather than just using it for the URL generation.  I'm not a python
programmer, but I don't mind getting my hands dirty if there is source
around to debug.  Thanks again!

Lars