[Zope] ZClass' Method permissions

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.fep.ru>
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 15:19:08 +0400 (MSD)

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>  >    Can anyone explain the mechanism under "Define Permissions" tab on
>  > ZClasses?
> I found the explanation in the Zope Book quite good.

   I found it not so good... but well, it may be my poor English prevents
me to understand. I read and reread it few time and did a hundred of
experiments before I started to understand it a bit.

   Two problems. First, for some objects it generates giant HTML. Once I
got 480K HTML for the screen - a litlle less than enough to kill my broser
:(
   Second, I still do not undesrtand why I may need to map "Delete Objects"
to "Add Site Roots" permission. It is a bit too generic. I think it is
enough to map "Delete Objects" to "Delete Objects" or "disable".

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru