[Zope] Re: Zope digest, Vol 1 #1305 - 49 msgs

David Shaw david.shaw@zapmedia.com
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 09:14:04 -0400

There is no method to get the users' password by default for security
reasons.  If you do need to get it, you can do so with wither an External
method or a base-class method.  The basic syntax is:

user = self.acl_users.getUser(user_id)
password = user.__

It's stored that way because things beginning with an underscore can't be
accessed directly from DTML.

If you DO have a method such as this one, be careful to require that the
user calling it is the one whose password is requested.