[ZOPE] User Database and ZOPE Security

David Woods dwoods@education.wisc.edu
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:29:00 -0500

Thanks for the response, but I haven't found it useful.  I tried
LoginManager, but got a Header Error trying to unpack it.  I tried
GenericUserFolder, but get an error message trying to created a GUF
Object (is it compatible with the latest ZOPE release?) and I'm not
skilled enough yet to try and debug and edit a package like that.   I
couldn't identify anything else that seemed relevant.

Has anyone accomplished the task of using an outside DB to provide
ZOPE security at the file level?  If so, what did you do?

Thanks,
David Woods
University of Wisconsin, Madison

>>> "Cornelis J. de Brabander" <brabander@fsw.LeidenUniv.nl> 04/04/01
02:12AM >>>
http://www.zope.org/Products/user_management

Cornelis J. de Brabander
Department of Education, Leiden University
P.O.Box 9555, NL-2300 RB Leiden
+31 71 527 3422/3401
brabander@fsw.leidenuniv.nl

David
> Woods
> Sent: dinsdag 3 april 2001 23:45
> To: zope@zope.org
> Subject: [ZOPE] User Database and ZOPE Security
>

> Hello,
>
> I have a site which uses a SQL-Server database to maintain
usernames
> and passwords.  This allows me to create pretty user interfaces to
> allow Teaching Assistants to create user accounts without having
> learn ZOPE and which allows me a lot more control over the
accounts
> they create.  It also allows me to have greater control over the
> interface students use for logging in to our site.  The students
who
> then log in using these accounts are considered anonymous users by
> ZOPE.
>
> I also have some videos on my site that, because of
confidentiality