[Zope] ZServer (still) dying (from time to time)...

Sven Fischer sven.fischer@gargl.net
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 03:16:56 +0200

> This bug appears to be something deep in the bowels of one of our module's
> reference counting/memory allocation thingys (or so says gdb).
> I'm in over my head.  Gonna get the big guns in.  Might take a little
while.
> In any case, are you both (Sven and Phillip) running Zope 2.3.1?
> Or is this another version?

i'm using :

Zope version: Zope 2.2.2 (source release, python 1.5.2, linux2)
Python version: 1.5.2 (#1, Dec 21 2000, 15:29:08) [GCC egcs-2.91.66
19990314/Linux (egcs-
System Platform: linux-i386

i'm waiting for the new hardware to be delivered for us to change
zope/mysql/linux/hardware/hosting all at the same time ;-)

> I have been able to reproduce the bug under 2.3.1 (actually the 2.3 branch
> of CVS), but I cannot reproduce it under a "trunk" CVS checkout.  So it
> would seem we have a good start on finding out what it is.
> It would be interesting to find out if you folks are using something other
> than 2.3.1.

we're using 2.2.2 and i think (but i can't remember) that it did too with
the release just before this one (2.2.1 maybe ?) somewhat less often but
since this is due to the amount of requests, it has only been visible when
traffic rose.

it's somewhat unerving since zope dies every 2 hours max.

oh, and by the way, sometimes, i have to halt/restart zope to make it work
again and sometimes i have to also halt/restart mysql and it works again
afterwards ??? weird...

$ven