[Zope] Classes & Objects Vs Relational Databases

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 04:24:05 +0200

I'd suggest our new DBObjects. They implement REAL classes, that are stored
in a relational database - PostgreSQL, as MySQL
is not too well-suited for transactions etc. But DBObjects are not for
starters yet. Be prepared for reading the code and stuff like that.

Currently, DBObjects just stores a very small footprint in the ZODB to make
sure the objects can use all the Zope security etc. The data is stored in
the SQL DB,
so you can just use SQL for queries. The basic queries are auto-generated,
like INSERTs or DELETEs, ...

Joachim.