[Zope] ZServer (still) dying (from time to time)...

Mayers, Philip J p.mayers@ic.ac.uk
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:53:14 +0100

This happens on 2.3.1 and 2.3.0 as far as I can tell. Definitely happens on
2.3.1 though.

Regards,
Phil

+----------------------------------+
| Phil Mayers, Network Support     |
| Centre for Computing Services    |
| Imperial College                 |
+----------------------------------+

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris McDonough [mailto:chrism@digicool.com]
Sent: 06 April 2001 02:04
To: Error; zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] ZServer (still) dying (from time to time)...

This bug appears to be something deep in the bowels of one of our module's
reference counting/memory allocation thingys (or so says gdb).  I'm in over
my head.  Gonna get the big guns in.  Might take a little while.

In any case, are you both (Sven and Phillip) running Zope 2.3.1?  Or is this
another version?

I have been able to reproduce the bug under 2.3.1 (actually the 2.3 branch
of CVS), but I cannot reproduce it under a "trunk" CVS checkout.  So it
would seem we have a good start on finding out what it is.

It would be interesting to find out if you folks are using something other
than 2.3.1.

- C