[Zope] ZServer on Windows 2000 w/Apache issue

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:35:43 -0400

Sherwood Robinson wrote -

> OK I have been trying to figure out why this keeps happening but the Zope
> server seems to run fine for a day and slow to a crawl as the day goes
> by.  This happens to the point that I have to restart the Zope
> server.  This works fine till the server gets hit with heavy traffic or as
> a day grows on and it slows down again.

> This only happens with our main Zope install.  This runs our primary
> site.  It has the most stuff in it using ODBC to connect to access
> databases and some MySQL activity is happening on the server also.
>
> The Python process for this server is only utilizing only about 50% of the
> processor recourses but this is steady.  It also climbs up to 200K+ in
> memory usage.

 Some ODBC drivers have memory leaks.  Cold Fusion actually supplies a
utility to stop and restart the CF server on a schedule (like at 2 AM) to
work around this problem.  Sounds like this could be it.

Cheers,

Tom P