[Zope] Apache virtual host combined with Zope

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.fep.ru>
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 20:14:53 +0400 (MSD)

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Timothy Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
> > Ah, so your problem is different from what I though. I thought you want to
> > serve some dirs from Apache, and some from Zope.
>
> Oleg,
>
> What you're talking about *is* what I want to do. But i haven't been able to
> figure out for sure what I need to do. Let me give you an example...
>
> On Debian, my root for html document is /var/www. I can use a virtual host
> entry in my apache config and ProxyPass to direct all requests for spam.org
> to spam.org:8080. No problem there. Let's say, however, that I have a
> /var/www/eggs directory that I would like served by apache. Can ProxyPass do
> that by itself.
>
> In other words,
>
> www.spam.org should come from Zope at spam.org:8080
> www.spam.org/eggs should come from Apache (/var/www/eggs)
>
> Do I need a Rewrite rule?

   No. Use <Location> inside your <VirtualServer>:

<Location /egg>
ProxyPass ...
</Location>

   Thus some parts of the virtual server will be served from as usual, and
some (started with /egg) will be served by different rules.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru