[Zope] RE: Cascading Style Sheets in Netscape 6

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:20:52 -0400

John Lawson wrote -

> The intranet site Craig Stoddart has described incorporates HTML documents
> created with StarOffice, which automatically creates its own HTML, DOCTYPE
> and Head elements. The problem is not unique to StarOffice - most other
HTML
> editing tools will cause similar problems.
>
> When the HTML document is wrapped up with standard_html_header and
> standard_html_footer, the problem being experienced by Craig will appear.
>
> If Craig deletes the superflous HTML elements (HEAD etc...) from the
> StarOffice document , they will re-appear the next time the document is
> updated via StarOffice.
>
> I think the answer is to write a dtml or Python method which will only
> display the HTML be displayed in the browser ie between the <BODY> and
> </BODY> tag.
>
> Although I think this is the answer, I am not sure how to achieve it. Has
> anyone else written similar code?

 Superficially, you just get rid of the standard_html_header and
standard_html_footer tags in the dtml document. Of course, you can't insert
a new stylesheet directive into the <head> section this way.  I'm not clear
now if you need to or not.

You could do most anything by passing this html to an external python
method.  This would probably be better than using a Zope python script
because it would be easier to write the code.  You could replace the whole
<head> element, or add a stylesheet directive, or whatever.

Cheers,

Tom P