[Zope] problem with lines properties

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 20:40:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Tres Seaver wrote:

> > Timothy Wilson <wilson@visi.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Casey Duncan wrote:
> >
> > > Setting a property type as lines does not guarantee that the value there
> > > is a list. Are you marshalling the form field to lines on you ZClass
> > > form?
> > >
> > > ala: <textarea name="lunch_menu:lines"...
> >
> > I think the correct syntax would be <textarea name="lunch_menu:list"...
> >
> > Yes, I'm doing that.
>
> Nope, you want ':lines', to persuade ZPublisher's marshalling code
> to split the submitted value into chunks at the newlines token.
> ':list' causes it to concatenate *multiple* submitted fields with
> the same name into a list.

*dope slaps self*

OK, I'll give that a try. I must have read that at some point, but promptly
forgot.

Thanks for the heads up, and my apologies to Casey for thinking he had it
wrong.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/