[Zope] unable to access

sharlynn waterstrider@frontier.net
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:46:21 -0700

Hello.

I am writing to you in hopes of receiving another avenue to try or a
solution to my problem.  I have been having a very consistent problem
getting zope to work on my WinBook Si with Windows 98 and IE 5.5.

When I try to access zope on my machine by typing the URLs
http://127.0.0.1:8080 or http://sharlynn:8080/manage (which accurately
reflects my local host name and port name), I get to the Zope Quick Start
Page.  Then, when i try to use the zope management interface, the username
and password box comes up.  But, when I enter the username and passwords
that I entered when i downloaded and installed zope:  it gives me three
chances but never lets me in.  Instead:  it gives me the following message.
*******************************
Zope Error

Unauthorized

You are not authorized to access this resource.
Username and password are not correct.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\Program Files\zopeaaa\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 223,
in publish_module
  File C:\Program Files\zopeaaa\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187,
in publish
  File C:\Program Files\zopeaaa\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 162,
in publish
  File C:\Program Files\zopeaaa\lib\python\ZPublisher\BaseRequest.py, line
462, in traverse
  File C:\Program Files\zopeaaa\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line
588, in unauthorized
Unauthorized: (see above)
----
Troubleshooting Suggestions

The URL may be incorrect.
The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML
source for this page.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for
your patience.
**************************************

In trying to remedy this problem, I have completely removed zope from my
computer and reloaded it 4 times.  I have made my user name and password
extremely simple (username: aaa   password:  aaa) to eliminate the
possiblity that i am typing it in incorrectly.  I have also downloaded the
newest version of IE (5.5) to ensure that that wasn't the problem.

I do not know what else to try.  Perhaps there is some setting on my hard
drive...some error in your system... I don't know.  If you have any
insight, suggestions or ideas I would greatly appreciate them.  I am
supposed to be learning zope as part of my employment...but I cannot get in
the front door!  You can call me at (970) 209-9592 and I can work online as
we talk, or you can e-mail me at waterstrider@frontier.net.

Thanks so much.
Sharlynn Cobaugh
Mindview, Inc.

PS... Don't know if this will help, but i want to give you all the
information possible...  I can access a zope account from the log in at the
general zope website  with the username: sharlynn and password: bandera.
This has not helped me much however, because i am looking for elvis!!!!