[Zope] Connecting to Postgres on a Linux Machine From A Windows NT4 Machine Running Zope

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 20:03:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Steven Grimes wrote:

> All,
>
> I've done quiet a bit of research and I'm still not sure how I can connect
> to a Postgres 7 Database Running on a Red Hat 7 box from my Windows NT
> machine running Zope 2.3.1. I do NOT want to use ODBC if possible. I've read
> about Psycopg, Pygresql and Popy and I'm not sure if these should be
> installed on the Linux machine or the NT Machine. I'd also like to know
> which has the best performance and stability. I know I'm asking for a lot of
> information and I thank anyone willing to help in advance.

The database adaptor is installed on the Zope machine. You may find it
tricky to install some of the DAs on Windoze; I haven't tried.

There have been several discussions recently about relative merits of PG
adaptors. Did you search the mailing list for 'popy' 'zpygresql', etc?

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>